We all have a collection of good old games, which we played in childhood or when we were teenagers, and which we can play again after years. GTA: San Andreas, like other parts of Grand Theft Auto series, is in favorite games list of a large number of people. Sometimes we want to see these games with more modern and beautiful graphics, but so familiar atmosphere and mechanics of gameplay.
For people, who like GTA from childhood, and for new GTA players who want to play in classic with better experience, I make this mod!
- Total textures replacement of the whole game world (buildings, objects, roads, landscapes etc.) to high resolution analogues;
- Total textures replacement of the all interiors to high resolution analogues;
- Improved textures of all the vehicles to improved analogues;
- Redrawn textures with logos and billboards;
- Textures in HRT 1.4 are made in good quality and high resolution (from 1024x1024 to even 4096x4096 (4K) resolution in some cases), and are maximum similar to the original ones (the first texture and graphics mod for SA with this feature);
- Textures are exclusive, made by author and based on his photos, or taken (not stolen) from free libraries.
- A lot of models are improved: some models are more detailed and smoothed, on some models are added reflections (reflection map);
- Corrected defects of the original models (the first texture and graphics mod for SA with this feature);
- Using more variety materials than in the original game. More unique textures for walls, roofs, pavements, grass and ground than the original game (the first texture and graphics mod for SA with this feature);
- Improved main character's model with detail fingers (taken from mobile version of the game that was released in 2013).
- LODs are replacing too, for more quality displaying objects on the far distance;
- Using of MIP maps feature (this optimization, so rare for the mods, reduces the load on the graphics card and helped to get rid from blinking of textures);
- Using of the modern tool (Magic.TXD) for textures editing with support of DXT5 compression and high quality MIP mapping algorithm (which gives a better textures quality than in the mods that were made earlier with other tools);
- Improved HUD (includes high resolution radar map, radar icons and weapons icons; third-party mods that used under permission);
- High stability of the mod (the full walkthrough of the storyline will be possible without any problems or bugs);
- Completely author's mod, fully an independent project, not collection (mod-pack) of other mods. HRT 1.4 is a spiritual successor of HRT Pack (2010), but new mod is not based on any previous and does not share any their files; this is completely brand new mod that is made from scratch. Also during the development aspects of the mod are constantly discussed with community of GTA players (on GTAForums and Mod DB).
HRT (high resolution textures) project history was started in 2010. In that times I again became interested in the creation of modifications and began to remake the textures of San Andreas game. I did little mods with new textures that later were collected into one mod that I named HRT Pack (like a pack of textures mods). Later were released few versions of HRT Pack, and last of them — is 1.3 EE.
Later I've distracted on other mods like The Seasons series (Winter Vacation, Spring Season, Endless Summer, Autumn Sunshine). Mods became my main hobby. I spent a lot of time on this. When I returned to my HRT Pack, I understood that I must redo whole the mod, because my skills became better.
In 2011 I started work on HRT 1.4 and decided that this mod will be created completely from scratch. Funny to say, but after that times I've reworked parts of the mod not once!
HRT 1.4 is standalone project, I mean that it's not based on old mods. This mod getting bigger and bigger, and now this is most global my modification. It will be released as beta version and then, after months of testing with community (for perfect single-player game) as final build.
Check this site time to time if you want to know a full story about its creation.