» News and development reports
» World Aviation and Cosmonautics Day
12 April 2016 (18:11)
|My congratulations on World Aviation and Cosmonautics Day! |
In this day, 12 April 1961, Soviet cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin made the first in the history space flight. Read a brief history about Yuri Gagarin in my previous news about this date.
Interesting to know. Other space achievements of Soviet Union:
- 1954 — the first living creature in the space suit in open space (the dog by name Lisa);
- 1957 — the first artificial satellite Sputnik-1;
- 1957 — the first living creature sent to orbit the Earth (the dog Laika);
- 1959 — the first spacecraft (Luna 2) that reached the surface of the Moon;
- 1950 — the first photo of the far side of the Moon (from Luna 3);
- 1960 — the first living creatures that were committed orbital flight and were returned back in safely (dogs Belka and Strelka);
- 1961 — the first spacecraft (Venera 1) that was sent to Venus and the first in the history mankind device intended for the study of other planets;
- 1963 — the first space flight of woman (Valentina Tereshkova)
- 1965 — the first man in open space (Alexey Leonov)
- 1970 — the first lunar rover (Lunokhod-1)
- 1980 — the first six months in space (Leonid Popov and Valery Ryumin)
- 1980 — the first person of African descent in space (Cuban astronaut Arnaldo Tamayo Méndez) (USSR actively cooperated with Cuba)...
- 1988 — the first year in space (Vladimir Titov and Musa Manarov)
And more, more other...
The project of metal controlled balloon (airship), the monoplane idea (before decades to the first airplanes), wind tunnel and the chassis prototypes, the theory of rocket production were invented and developed by Russian scientist Konstantin Tsiolkovsky (1857-1935). A lot of the first cosmical theories and ideas connected with development of spaceships also were invented by Yuri Kondratyuk (1897-1942).
Konstantin Tsiolkovsky and his model of the airship
Also I have updated one of the my little mods — The rocket in the honor of the Cosmonautics Day. Originally it was released in 2012.
You can download this mod for GTA: San Andreas by the link. After installation, you can find a rocket in the desert.